Subject: [Leica] #037
From: graham at geebeespaw.freeserve.co.uk (GeeBee)
Date: Tue Feb 20 08:05:17 2007

From: "Lottermoser George" <imagist3@mac.com>

Subject: Re: [Leica] #037

>A beautiful wall. Any idea the age of that stonework?
>
> Regards,
> George Lottermoser
> george@imagist.com
>
> On Feb 19, 2007, at 5:42 PM, GeeBee wrote:
>

>> http://www.geebeephoto.com/2007/07037.htm

George,

The barn is made from local sandstone as was just about everything around
here, starting with the church which dates from the 14th
century. It is weird stuff, you can scratch it with a fingernail but it
routinely lasts for hundreds of years.

There is a relatively modern conventional brick barn nearby with a date of
1866 built into the brickwork so I guess somewhere
between 14th and 18th century for the barn in my shot.

I took a couple of shots of the church on the same day from the same
viewpoint but with different lenses:
Leica M6 : 50mm Noctilux : orange filter : Kodak Professional BW400
http://www.geebeephoto.com/2007/07038.htm

Leica M6 : 21mm Elmarit : orange filter : Kodak Professional BW400
http://www.geebeephoto.com/2007/07039.htm

Anyone interested in the interior can see it here and in the next six shots:
http://www.geebeephoto.com/Northamptonshire_Churches/A-L/pages/Everdon_1.htm

Thanks for looking.

--Graham

Replies: Reply from hewthompson at mac.com (Hugh Thompson) ([Leica] #037)