Subject: [Leica] Raw Developers - Silky Pix
From: carlmuck at verizon.net (Carl Muckenhirn)
Date: Wed Feb 21 05:44:49 2007

Howard,

The snippet in the composite went through steps 1-3 (or their
functional equivalent) for each of the products.

Setting WB manually (selecting the same spot on the wall) for all of
the products is my next experiment, then I'm going to do one for high-
ISO, out of the box noise reduction (I'll probably set all to the
"maximum" setting and compare).

SilkyPix is an interesting program, it is VERY un-Mac like so the
usage paradigm has to be learned (or overcome). I also note that it
is very CPU intensive. On launch, the fans (which are idle most of
the time) on my Mac Book Pro fire up to 3/4 speed, sounds like the
computer is going to take off! Raw Capture seems to also be pretty
CPU intensive.

c.