Subject: [Leica] Hex Wrench for Tri-Elmar
From: robert.rose at mac.com (Robert Rose)
Date: Wed Feb 21 15:27:05 2007

I found it!

The front outer ring assembly on my Tri-Elmar (11625) became loose, and I
went looking for the tiny hex wrench that is needed to tighten the ring.
This is the part that the filter screws onto.

So, for the benefit of others, here is the part you need to keep in your
camera bag:

0.7mm Hex Key, Wiha part 35200, package of 10, $0.52

Also sold as part of the Wiha Micro Hex Key Set No. 35392, $4.14.

www.wihatools.com

BTW, the local Leica rep told me that this ring is only an outer part, and
did not indicate that any internal lens components were loose.  It is
annoying, however.

I am off to Yosemite for 5 days, and I hope to post some snow pictures when
I return.

Cheers,
Bob Rose

Replies: Reply from glehrer at san.rr.com (Jerry Lehrer) ([Leica] Hex Wrench for Tri-Elmar)