Subject: [Leica] Re: Robot wedding
From: lrzeitlin at optonline.net (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Thu Feb 22 12:57:58 2007

On Feb 22, 2007, at 2:45 PM, Mark wrote:

> These people were not having 20x24 inch prints made of their
> weddings with
> any persistence at all. They could have been shooting it with a Robot
> (square format camera) and a few shots of the bride and groom with
> slow film
> if a very large print was part of the package. Otherwise they could be
> shooting the whole thing with 400 speed 35mm film.

Mark,

How did you know i shot a wedding with a Robot?

Well, not really a wedding but an engagement party. I was coaching at
a kid's soccer practice and simultaneously taking a few action
pictures with a newly purchased (pawn shop) Robot Star. My assistant
coach announced that he and his girlfriend had just decided to get
married and invited me and a couple of the other guys to join them at
a local pub for a celebration. Any "Oh yes, since you have a camera
with you, would you mind taking a few pictures to send to her Mum in
Australia?'

The pictures came out fine. The square negative really helps.

Larry Z