Subject: [Leica] Some time with an M8
From: carlmuck at verizon.net (Carl Muckenhirn)
Date: Fri Feb 23 07:04:54 2007

Wow, hadn't even thought of this, but by playing around you can get
it to do this.

First, go to the "shooting menu" and set compression to one of the
JPEG modes (press SET -> Compression -> DNG+JPG fine). Next go to the
"camera menu" and set Color Saturation to B+W (press MENU -> Color
Saturation -> B+W). Finally go back to the "shooting menu" and set
compression back to DNG. You can leave the JPG setting as well, but
you'll get fewer exposures on a card.

This is pretty cool.

c.