Subject: [Leica] 90mm Hexanon or Elmarit on M8? -DAS
From: len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Sun Feb 25 07:32:15 2007

Dante,

The 90mm frame on the M8 is just a shade smaller then the 135mm frame
on a .72 finder. The frame is about 9 times the size of the focus
square. Split the frame into 9 equal rectangles, the focus spot would
be the rectangle in the center. Not a problem at all. I don't have a
Hexanon but I do use the Macro-Elmar and the Summicron Asph all the
time. Nothing funny.

The 35 Summilux ASPH is nice. Like a 50 Summilux Asph on a .72 M7.

As for battery life, on a week trip with a little chimping, I would
expect about 400 shots.

Regards,
Len