Subject: [Leica] 90mm Hexanon or Elmarit on M8? -DAS
From: grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey@mchsi.com)
Date: Sun Feb 25 18:17:14 2007

Dante,

Well in my opinion the 90 frame are OK, but they are smaller than the film
M's, however no problem differentiating them from the focusing spot.  Don't
know about the Hexanon lens.  I do not have teh 35 Summilux Asph, but do
have the pre-Asph version, and it seems to perform very well on the M8, I
would say better than on my film M's.  My 90 Tele Elmarit (Thin) seems to
work just fine also, again a bit better on the M8.  Don't know why, just my
impression.  Can't say about the battery life, as I'm still on my first
battery charge.  But I did get a second battery, which I would think should
be a given extra to buy.  They seem to be available just about at any dealer
at this point, I think B&H has the best price on the batteries.  Most others
are getting 350 or greater on their batteries.  If you are thinking of
getting one, I would say go ahead, you will not regret it.

Gene

Gene