Subject: [Leica] 90mm Hexanon or Elmarit on M8? -DAS
From: firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Sun Feb 25 20:13:37 2007

> Ok, a few quick questions for the M8 early adopters.
>
> 1.    Practically, how usable is the 90mm focal length on an M8 (eq. to
> 118mm)?  I really don't like the 135mm framelines, but with no M8s in
> my area to look at, I have no idea what to expect.

I have had no worries with the 90 elmarC focus is spot on and framing is
"generous" if you want tight framing, you need to have the frames slightly
inside the desired image.

> 2.    At the 90mm setting, are the framelines large enough to
> differentiate the focusing spot from the frame?

Yes

> 3.    Does anyone have any experience with a 90 Hexanon on the M8?  Any
> weird imaging characteristics that come out with digital?

no

> 4.    How does the 35/1.4 ASPH Summiliux perform on the M8?

Stunning: but its strange to use in and feel like you need to use a
wideangle!!! I'm used to the 35 handling most subjects and now it acts
more like a Nocti

> 5.    In practical terms, when traveling, what kind of battery life do
> people get?

At least a 2 gig card and better: cleaning the sensor uses a lot of power:
I tend to blow it off after each recharge and then shoot from there

Great camera, but to me it still feels a bit heavy and on "roids.

Cheers

Replies: Reply from msadat at gmail.com (mehrdad) ([Leica] 90mm Hexanon or Elmarit on M8? -DAS)