Subject: [Leica] The Elusive Digilux 3 compared to the L1 and Oly 330E
From: leica at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Mon Feb 26 04:11:56 2007

Alastair

I have followed several discussions about that on a german oly forum. Yes
the O.I.S. works with the Vario Elmarit on a Oly e-330 body - but in the
"stabilize: always" mode only. Oly users reported it is very power consuming
and the accus went down in less than the half of the usual time when they
used the Leica lens. Others also reported the O.I.S. significantly lowers
the picture quality in terms of sharpness and contrast. One user wrote he
had to fix the Elmarit's aperture ring as it did not work in manual mode on
the oly e-330.

Optical quality seems to be almost equal; the Zuiko may be a tad better, as
users reported the Vario Elmarit vignets slightly more @ wide angle/wide
open.

On the plus side, the Vario Elmarit on L1/D-3  is said to be faster in
autofocus mode than the Zuiko (both used on a e-330).

The users recommended the Zuiko 14-54 for Oly bodies, and the Leica 14-50
for the L1/Digilux-3 bodies, but not a cross-over combination.

Didier

Replies: Reply from firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin) ([Leica] The Elusive Digilux 3 compared to the L1 and Oly 330E)
Message from firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin) ([Leica] The Elusive Digilux 3 compared to the L1 and Oly 330E)