Subject: [Leica] OT - Basic Lightroom Question
From: heninger at adobe.com (Wade Heninger)
Date: Mon Feb 26 07:21:12 2007

On 2/26/07 6:51 AM, "Gerry Walden" <gwpics@googlemail.com> wrote:

> I am experimenting with Lightroom on a PC platform. Can somebody please
> tell
> me how the hell I save the changes I make to an image? I can't find it
> anywhere!

You don't need to save changes. It saves the changes automatically every
time you make an edit.

The history panel lists all changes to the file so you can go back at any
time.

Purge the old "Open in ACR, tweak, then open in PS, tweak again, and then
save the file" model.  Your images remain Raw until you need to do something
that requires a Tiff/Jpeg/PSD, at which point you export the file, which
saves a copy in the selected file format to your chosen location.

Even during the early days of LR development, I've never lost a single edit
- even when LR crashed in the middle of doing something (which wasn't
often).  Its really good at cleaning up for you so you can focus on the
image.

w a d e  h e n i n g e r
u s e r  e x p e r i e n c e
a d o b e  s y s t e m s ,  i n c