Subject: [Leica] Did any of you use the M4-2 winder?
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon Feb 26 18:35:09 2007

Vick Ko asked:

> Did any of you use the M4-2 winder?
> > I just played with one, and holy cow does it ever have a kick.
> > What were they thinking?<<<

Hi Vick,
I see you've made a major error and as it appears you weren't supposed to
buy anything this year I don't want to make you feel bad about the error of
your way's!  BUT!!!!!!!

However, before you do any more fooling around with that useless finger
thumping wrist wrenching winder ............ SELL IT!!! IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!

If you don't, it will drive you right around the bend into the lunatic
asylum! :-( it's the thumping, banging that get's to you, eventually the
concerns of " is this damaging the inside of the camera?" That will do you
in for sure!:-)

Do you kind of get the idea I don't have any use for them? terrible useless
piece of machinery!!  Bought and sold 3 of them over the years on the belief
that each had been modified to work quietly and without beating the hell out
of the shutter release thumping up and down each time I fired a frame!

All that was before I got the message from the "Great Spirit above"..... Buy
a Tom Abrahamsson winder!" Quiet, fast and as smooth as silk in operation as
all get out!

OK now get rid of it and call or e-mail Tom! ;-)

ted

Replies: Reply from vick.ko at sympatico.ca (Vick Ko) ([Leica] Did any of you use the M4-2 winder?)