Subject: [Leica] Seen In New Orleans
From: jsmith342 at cox.net (Jeffery Smith)
Date: Wed Feb 28 13:09:42 2007

I'm afraid that the breast-barers are generally people from out of town and
out of state. Nobody would expose themselves in the same city where they
went to high school and where they work. The exception is the strippers who
often have nice balcony positions on Bourbon Street. But they aren't
terribly squeamish about nudity.

When I lived in Southern California, I often saw women breast-feeding their
babies at such public locations as the zoo, SeaWorld, Balboa Park, etc. I've
never seen any breast feeding in New Orleans...it just wouldn't seem right,
not out on public.

When Feli and I were shooting the Lower 9th Ward, both of us were struck by
how many churches there were in the area. They were converted houses and
didn't hold many people. So there was sometimes two churches on one city
block., maybe one every 150 feet.

Our biggest problem is drugs. Of the several hundred murders every year,
nearly all are drug-related.
--
Jeffery