Subject: [Leica] (no subject) USPS
From: charlie at droolassicpark.com (Charlie Meyer)
Date: Wed Feb 28 16:59:57 2007

When I was a navy disbursing officer a couple of dozen years ago, I
used to have custody of postage stamps.  Forget the Naval
Investigative Service and the FBI (who questioned me in a vehicle
theft inquiry), nor the Inspector General ('To keep this open and
frank, Lieutenant, I'm going to read you your rights')....the only
folks I really did not want after me was the Postal Inspection
Service.  I learned that USPS, particularly with registered mail and
insured items, was certifiably anal-retentive about the restricted
items passing through the system.

I sent my 2/35 'cron with M3 goggles to Sherry a couple of weeks ago
Priority Mail Insured.  As predicted, she was prompt in letting me
know that it arrived safe and sound for overhaul.  If it comes back
UPS, well, the route driver and I used to chase each other round town
on a regular basis.

Little goes amiss, but then when it's your chunk of Wetzlar glass
gone missing, I can easily understand folks being upset. I would be,
too.

Charlie

Message from hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson) ([Leica] (no subject) USPS)