Subject: [Leica] FS: 50 Summilux M Asph
From: jshul at comcast.net (Jim Shulman)
Date: Thu Mar 1 17:15:38 2007

Perhaps a lubrication by a lens pro, rather than Solms, would do the trick?
My concern about recent Leica lenses is that while the optics are
astonishing, some of the workmanship leaves a bit to be desired.

At a Leica day I used a 35 ASPH that had a wobbly aperture ring, another
lens (90APO) that had a too-stiff focus, etc.

So, like a Ferrari from the factory, perhaps it will require some additional
tweaking from an expert.  Don't give up yet!

Best,
Jim