Subject: [Leica] Confession - here is what's happening
From: vick.ko at sympatico.ca (Vick Ko)
Date: Sun Mar 4 15:03:53 2007

So, it starts with getting an RD1.

Then find that I don't own any wide angle Leica glass.

Then search for suitable wide angle glass and discover the folklore of all
the 35mm lenses (four versions of spherical designs, one tagged as "king of
bokeh", plus three aspherical designs.  One with two aspherical surfaces and
now excruciatingly rare and expensive).

Then discover that the 28mm f2 ASPH tops them all in performance, and the 28
f2.8 ASPH is smaller than them all.

Then find a rare WEISU, at a bargain price.

That triggers a search for an LTM 3.5cm lens.

That's when I "checked myself in".

Does this madness ever end?

Oh, and I bought 6 years worth of film from a wedding photographer who is
doing the final transition to digital but the RD1 is the camera that "comes
with me everywhere".

...Vick
... must not spend time in front of computer
... must shoot more photos

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] Confession - here is what's happening)
Reply from rclompus at mac.com (Richard Clompus) ([Leica] Confession - here is what's happening)