Subject: [Leica] Re: PAW(*) 2007 #10
From: ausdlk at gmail.com (David Keenan)
Date: Mon Mar 5 12:44:19 2007

>Nice and relaxed pose, but why did you keep the frame 'unstraight'?

Philippe --

I considered "straightening" things at the time I made the original image.
But I decided that I didn't want it to be "perfect". I often make just the
kind of image corrections that you suggested and, sometimes, I think that it
results in, for the lack of a better word, a sterile image. Maybe the word
"static" could be substituted for "sterile".

So, I decided to not correct the tilt of the frame (it is crooked on the
wall) and to crop part off part of Jean's arm -- to leave the image
imperfect and to, perhaps, inject some tension or energy into it.

Do you think it works?

Dave.
--
Web Site: www.david-keenan.com