Subject: [Leica] Lightroom question
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Mon Mar 5 18:49:04 2007

I've started experimenting with Lightroom to see if I can teach myself to
like it, which yet I don't.

I started by looking to see if it had solutions to any of the (small number
of) things that drive me batty about Photoshop and Bridge. Probably my
biggest single complaint about Photoshop (on a Mac) is its lack of support
for volume printing. Every print is an adventure, to see if perhaps this
time Photoshop will get the Page Setup settings right.  Usually it does;
often it doesn't. Sometimes I've succeeded in making a batch action that
will print all of the images in a folder; sometimes it
fails. I've never seen it fail the same way twice.

So the first thing I did after reading the Lightroom documentation was to
see how it would do at making 35 4x6 prints out of the 35 images in a
folder. I had no problem getting it to grind away, but after the 2nd print
came out, I realized that I had forgotten to turn off in-printer color
management, so I wanted to stop it, fix that setting, and try again.

I can find absolutely no way to stop it. There is nothing in the
documentation about how to stop it. I managed to stop it by force-quitting
the application, but that is always a desperation move and is not a good
production technique.

Is it possible to get Lightroom to stop a batch print run? How? Is it in the
documentation? Where?

Brian Reid

Replies: Reply from lwwesson at gmail.com (leo wesson) ([Leica] Lightroom question)
Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] Lightroom question)