Subject: [Leica] IMG: Florida Wildlife
From: walt at waltjohnson.com (Walt Johnson)
Date: Tue Mar 6 07:32:32 2007

Adam

I do believe it is life we are talking about, a life that doesn't rob
the rest of humanity of basic necessities. So many people in  this
unconcerned world  never get the chance to eat a decent meal. They work
like dogs and still their children go to bed hungry, or worse.  Tina,
I'm sure, can testify to what it does to us when we see starving
children. Couple that with witnessing the disgusting overindulgence  in
America and Western Europe? No wonder she points her camera at those who
seemingly have no idea of what real suffering might be.

I live in Florida and know exactly how it feels to constantly dodge
those wheeled fatties. They are more than likely on their way to the
nearest snack machine or junk food aisle at the grocery store. Do I go
out of my way to make fun of them? Of course not. Am I sometimes
sympathetic? Sometimes. But there is certainly a time to say enough, get
a grip on yourself and stop expecting the world to feel sorry for you.

Hell, I'm almost 65 ( a couple of weeks) Been insulin dependent for over
20 years, have hypertension, kidney problems. and most recently
fractured a vertebrae at the gym. The shame of letting myself go, to the
point of needing a hover-round, would be worse than  anything. With so
many real issues facing us I'd think self-control and self-reliance
would be a given. Put a full-length mirror on your refrigerator door.
Put a photo of some Haitian children above the mirror. Want a snack? So
do they. Want a life, don't we all?

Walt