Subject: [Leica] A father's admiration! :-)
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Tue Mar 6 07:42:05 2007

As most of you know I'm a very proud father of" my"son the photographer,
Scott Grant." He's in the 2nd week of shooting the "Canada Winter Games" in
Whitehorse  in the Yukon.

The general day temperature has fluctuated between -45 below and colder with
wind chill factor. To plain old fashion 40 below zero hour after hour, day
after day! Not  a happy camper kind of outdoor shooting weather period! :-(

Now think about being in that kind of environment shooting speed skaters,
biathlon, cross country skiing, snow boarding and whatever other sports
they're doing outside. Trust me you really don't want to shoot day after day
these type of assignments when you don't have any choice. Then in the
evenings shoot boxing, Judo and other sports of that nature. With a couple
of swimming events thrown in for good measure! :-)

Once again I invite you to look at some of what shooting sports is all
about. You've seen his summer work, but that's easy, yer not getting your
fingers and buns frozen off and constantly worried about batteries holding
up.

Look here:www.sixsixsix.ca ....Click on "Images with Attitude"  Click on...
2007 Canada Winter Games.

When your done and you have time you might want to take a peek at his main
site. I'm sure you'll be very pleasantly surprised at the photography of
this very talented shooter.

ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
1817 Feltham Road
Victoria BC  V8N 2A4
250-477-2156

Replies: Reply from leica at dmason.net (Dave Mason) ([Leica] A father's admiration! :-))
Reply from hewthompson at mac.com (Hugh Thompson) ([Leica] A father's admiration! :-))
Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] A father's admiration! :-))
Reply from jshul at comcast.net (Jim Shulman) ([Leica] A father's admiration! :-))
Reply from len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier) ([Leica] A father's admiration! :-))
Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] A father's admiration! :-))
Reply from phamard at numericable.fr (Philippe Amard) ([Leica] A father's admiration! :-))
Reply from philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent) ([Leica] A father's admiration! :-))
Reply from rclompus at mac.com (Richard Clompus) ([Leica] A father's admiration! :-))
Reply from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] A father's admiration! :-))
Message from len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier) ([Leica] Didier's PAW 2007 #09)