Subject: [Leica] Supersize me
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Wed Mar 7 10:19:30 2007

Americans have all the info they need to eat wisely. It's not rocket
science. There is abundant literature on good nutrition. And eating
right is pretty simple. It's just not always easy.

It seems to me the culprit is excess. I eat fast food every now and
then. But I try and keep it in moderation. The older I get the more
moderate I have to be!

One predominant message we hear today is that if something feels right
then do it. The problem is feelings aren't always in tune with what's
best for us. I may feel like eating a cheeseburgers every day for lunch
but there's a price to pay (and I don't mean two for three bucks).

I can say no to cheeseburgers, but I have to be particularly careful
around chocolate. I can't even keep it around because I can't eat it
moderately. If I'm around chocolate it's like being around a bunch of
used Leica equipment and me with a pocket full of cash. I don't need it.
I don't even want it. But for some reason I can't resist it. I even
think a small amount of chocolate is good for a person. I just have no
will power when it comes to the stuff.

I could never live in Switzerland. Best chocolate in the world. Last
time I was there I gained 10 lbs.

DaveR

Replies: Reply from chs2018 at med.cornell.edu (Chris Saganich) ([Leica] Supersize me)
Reply from dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings) ([Leica] Supersize me)
Reply from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Supersize me)