Subject: [Leica] img: Pimp my ride
From: vintagebill at verizon.net (bill harting)
Date: Wed Mar 7 11:19:21 2007

Hi Brian,

I laughed out loud at "pimp my gimp" in Doonesbury.

Without claiming to be a linguist, my awareness of the word "pimp" as I
used it, is a verbal form of the familiar noun that has come to mean to
overdo or lavishly, extravagantly, turn out something, in the familiar
expression here, a ride, or, wheels, man. A car. Redecorate my
automobile extravagantly. The title was intended to be amusing.

It might apply to some of the ways Leica has been dressing up their
staid old Ms with crocodile skin in violent red, for example. I also see
that PMR is an MTV show, also in the UK, (it says here)

Bill h