Subject: [Leica] PAW: At the Sousa Memorial Concert
From: jshul at comcast.net (Jim Shulman)
Date: Wed Mar 7 17:12:27 2007

Last night I attended a special concert in Reading, PA, commemorating the
75th anniversary of John Philip Sousa's demise.  Several of those in
attendance remembered Sousa--and certainly the date when he passed away at
the Abraham Lincoln hotel in Downtown Reading.

The Ringgold band performed, just as they had for Sousa's final concert:

http://tinyurl.com/287agd

And as a special treat, we heard the original Sousaphone with the band.
This prototype, made to Sousa's specifications by the Pepper company of
Philadelphia, was fortunately discovered at a junk sale about thirty years
ago and restored to its original glory.  There's even an engraving of Sousa
on the side of the bell!

http://tinyurl.com/26f68j

M3, Ilford XP2, Summilux 50 full open, lots of prayer for a room with
relatively little light.

Jim Shulman
Bryn Mawr, PA

Message from drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers) ([Leica] Digging deeper)