Subject: [Leica] Re: Luis' pictures
From: luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll)
Date: Sat Mar 10 11:09:03 2007

Hi Larry,

I agree with you and Ted's comments, I've never reach a scanned picture with
the same quality as a enlargment on the darkroom, and a similar thing
happens with the lenses, with the biger enlargments we can appreciate the
difference on quality, maybe for this reason I post very few slides, because
I'm always deveived to see the scanned results when I compare with what I
see on the screen. On my LUG gallery I have shots with a Rollei 35S, Olympus
mju, Rolleiflex TLR 6x6 and Leica, there are not big differences on a
monitor. I usually think that in the future the darkroom enlargements will
be appreciated as handcraft work, I think too that the taste of the new
generations could be modified by the effect of the manipulated digital
prints, obtaining artificial effects on colours, details, skyes...

Thanks for your comments

Saludos desde Barcelona
Luis