Subject: [Leica] Tri-Elmar Question
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Sat Mar 10 17:56:47 2007

> This has not been my experience with them.  The longest it has ever taken
> was 4 weeks.

Feh. Leica NJ has had my 35 Summilux for 7 weeks, and all it needed was to
have its filter ring threads made round again so I could screw in the IR
filter, except that the IR filter hasn't arrived either.

I could probably have had a local camera repair place fix the threads for
$25 while I stood there and waited, but because it was under Passport
warranty I thought I ought to send it to Leica. Silly me.

In the past 10 years I've sent about 5 things to Leica for repair or
adjustment; nothing has *ever* come back quicker than 2 months.

This is the dark side of the Passport warranty. Because it's there, you feel
an obligation to use it, and when you use it, time stands still.

Replies: Reply from gregj.lorenzo at shaw.ca (GREG LORENZO) ([Leica] Tri-Elmar Question)
Reply from marcsmall at comcast.net (Marc James Small) ([Leica] Tri-Elmar Question)