Subject: [Leica] Not very with it so...
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Sun Mar 11 09:43:24 2007

At 4:20 PM -0700 3/10/07, John Collier wrote:
>No pics from the Tri-E. I just tried out how it handles.
>
>I don't mind new Asph lenses replacing their old siblings but not if
>the speed drops. I wonder if the rangefinder of the M8 has trouble
>with the 75/1.4?
>
>John Collier

Not really. The 75/1.4 always required a definite 'pattern' to focus
correctly. I found it best to focus through the point of focus once,
then home in on the correct point from the near side. Works as well
with the M8 as with the film bodies. The 75/2 is ultimately the
better match, but the 75/1.4 is remarkably close in performance on
the M8. The 75/1.4 is a lot better on the M8 than the Noctilux, but
then it's a lot better on film as well. I was thinking I might get
rid of the f/1.4 after I got the f/2, but now I'm not so sure. I do
have to get rid of one of them, which I'm sure I'll regret.

--
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Not very with it so...)