Subject: [Leica] With the Rollei 35S
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun Mar 11 14:52:56 2007

On 3/11/07 12:49 PM, "Luis Ripoll" <luisripoll@telefonica.net> typed:

> Hi Ira,
>
> My Rollei 35S is a quite recent purchase, only a few months ago. It was a
> wondered camera and now I've bpought it at a decent price, as I say is a
> toy
> to have on your pocket, but anything as an M.
>
> Saludos cordiales
> Luis

When you put a roll of film in your Rollei 35 and you hinge the pressure
place back over the film its so precise its unbelievable. You don't have to
figure out which thing should be twirling to know that the film is running
through. Its just running through. It never fails never mis loads.

Here's my shot I've had up for years and no doubt have every time there's a
mention of a Rollei 35.
http://rabinergroup.com/Images/PortlandRollei35.jpg

Looks kind of crude looking a scan made from a print you can tell by the
signature at the bottom right. must have not rapid fixed the scan well
enough I think its fading I'll have to rescan it with what I know now about
what I have now.

This was Neopan 1600 in Xtol 1:3  and the Rollei 35 was a first one with a
3.5 Tessar and a yellow green filter I had to have made for me by B+W in
Germany with the 24mm filter thread. I think I had to wait an extra 2 weeks
for the super duper coating with cherry on top.

It was shot at dawn at f11 or 16 I rarely shoot with the camera opened up
past f8 with the great 40mm lens my favorite focal length and my favorite on
my Leica as well. I don't trust my guest o matic ness. I may get a
rangefinder made by Leica and use it at f 3.5. But the camera still in
Portland darn it.

Mark Rabiner
8A/109s
New York, NY