Subject: [Leica] why users love it
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Mon Mar 12 19:02:32 2007

Coming in late to this discussion there are several points to make.
First, both lenses were stopped down to F11 at which point diffraction
should be leveling the playing field so differences are due to the on camera
imaging chain.
Second, in camera sharpening or lack can have an effect.  Both images where
sharpened alike in LR so there is an optimization opportunity.
Third, while trekking in Death Valley last week my bag with a body and six
lenses was considerably smaller, lighter, faster optics, and less unwieldy
than my companions carrying a simple two lens SLR outfit 17-40/70-200 or
equivalent.  Plus, IR was but a filter away.
Fourth, rangefinders float my boat and make me happy.