Subject: [Leica] Eastern Bluebird
From: len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Tue Mar 13 14:43:38 2007

Hi Luis,

I was walking on a path through the meadow with my son. About 20
meters in front of us were a few very small trees with a couple birds
flying back and forth. As soon as one landed on a branch I started
taking photos. Even with a 400mm lens, the birds are very small in
the photo so a lot of cropping is required. I really didn't wait for
them. It was just luck they were there. I know Doug knows all the
tricks but I find it is very critical what ISO to use for a good
shutter speed and the lowest noise because of so much cropping. Since
I don't have a blind to shoot from I am always far from the birds. I
am just starting to learn how to get closer to them so they don't fly
away too soon.

Thanks for looking and for your very nice comment.

Len