Subject: [Leica] why users love it
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue Mar 13 20:01:35 2007

On 3/13/07 10:21 PM, "Jayanand Govindaraj" <jayanand@gmail.com> typed:

> Gene,
> The 18-70 kit lens that I got with my D70 is light, and a superb performer.
> Cheers
> Jayanand

I like that and my even more compact
AF-S DX Nikkor 18-70 mm f/3.5-4.5G IF-ED and not the super zooms.
A cheap super zoom to me is asking for trouble.
Besides I think things very compact. Not the opposite.
Ken Rockwell thinks its much better than the monster 2.8 with the great
build. Which came out too many years ago before they realized if its a APS-C
digital lens it should be at least a little bit smaller than one made for
the 24x36 format
http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/1870.htm

Mark Rabiner
8A/109s