Subject: [Leica] A cold day in March....14 years ago
From: luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll)
Date: Wed Mar 14 14:45:07 2007

Fun and good shots!
Luis

-----Mensaje original-----
De: lug-bounces+luisripoll=telefonica.net@leica-users.org
Harrison McClary
Enviado el: mi?rcoles, 14 de marzo de 2007 2:58
Para: Leica Users Group
Asunto: [Leica] A cold day in March....14 years ago

On this day in 1993 I had 8 or 9 inches of snow in my backyard in
Lawrenceville, GA.  I was working for UPI back then.  Here is a link to the
photos I transmitted that day:

http://www.pbase.com/2plus2/image/32937339
http://www.pbase.com/2plus2/image/32937340

I think they were shot with a Leica R4.  I know the TriX was developed in
Dektol for 30 seconds, no agitation and printed on a "LUCKY"
enlarger.  I transmitted this with an old UPI drum spinner.  I shot color
negs first but my chems were bad and they did not turn out so I went out to
re-shoot.  All I had to develop the B&W was the dektol, so I used it for
both the film and the prints.  I did not get as good of shots the second
time out, the bad color roll had a great shot of my neighbor skiing down the
road and it was still snowing a little.  By the time I had souped the film
and seen it was bad it was done snowing and he had put his skis up.

Anyway, after a March day in the 80's I thought it may be interesting to
remember another March day where the wind chill was something like -50.

--
Harrison McClary
Harrison McClary Photography