Subject: [Leica] M8 grip
From: leicam4pro at yahoo.com (Photo Phreak)
Date: Sun Mar 18 13:26:32 2007

I have always wondered why the "gnomes" never got the idea of winding the
film out of the cartridge and winding the exposed shot back in.  Always
seemed like a simple idea to me....

Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> wrote:  Sonny Carter offered:

> Those clever engineers at Solms moved the baseplate locking key to the
> opposite end, I presume to thwart aftermarket grip makers.
>
> I still hold my breath when I open it, trying to remember if I had rewound
> the film. ;-)<<<<<<<

Sonny,
Trust me. DON'T loose that feeling!!! As I switched to an M6 the other day
and did just that! Opened the base plate with film not re-wound!
Aaaaaaaaaaccccccccckkkkkkkk!:-)

Response? ;-) "damn digital cameras!" ;-)

ted