Subject: [Leica] M8 grip--FYI
From: wrs111445 at yahoo.com (Bill Smith)
Date: Sun Mar 18 22:13:10 2007

3M make some stuff called "Gator Grip" for golf clubs that works really well
wet/ dry. Cameraleather.com has a new camera covering called "Griptac" that
may be the same material that's simply wonderful. I've tried the latter.

Wade Heninger <heninger@adobe.com> wrote:

On 3/18/07 11:44 PM, "Henning Wulff" wrote:

> At 9:48 PM -0400 3/18/07, Leonard Taupier wrote:
>> I don't find the M8 slippery either.
>>
>> Len
>
> I definitely find it slipprier than the ancestor M's. Not least
> because there is no wind lever to stop the slide.
>
> If only Leica could have left tradition far enough behind to employ
> rubber (or whatever) mouldings in the cover for grips like the Hexar
> RF had. That also had no wind lever to provide grip, but you never
> felt like it was going to slip out of your hand due to those bumps. A
> great design.

Yes, the Hexar is a great camera.

I hope Tom can get that grip out soon. I'm waiting patiently...

w a d e h e n i n g e r
u s e r e x p e r i e n c e
a d o b e s y s t e m s , i n c