Subject: [Leica] IMG: Long-eared Owl
From: telyt at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Mon Mar 19 02:25:29 2007

On Mar 19, 2007, at 1:28 AM, George Kase wrote:

> Doug...stunning shots...just out of curiosity...why go back and do
> it over again with film?
> George

I'm not going back for the film photos, it will take a week to get
the processing done.

I used film in this case because I wanted a wider angle of view of
the second bird and I was so completely entangled in the brush and
trees that moving back while maintaining *any* view of the bird
through the trees was out of the question.  The film camera, having a
crop factor of 1.0, gave me the wider view through the 280mm lens.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com