Subject: [Leica] New Tripod
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Mon Mar 19 08:20:33 2007

I have an older Gitzo Reporter 020 with a small gitzo ball head. I don't
think they're available new anymore, but if you ever run across one used
I highly recommend it.

It's not the steadiest beast when fully extended. The legs take it up to
4' high. It's very sturdy with legs only. The post can extend another
2'. At 6' it's not super stout, but it's sufficient for most things.
Collapsed it's lighter and smaller than many monopods.

If you're in gale force winds you can always beef up your tripod with
rocks. I put an eye bolt in the bottom post of all my tripods and I use
an s-hook and towel or netting. I don't use a tripod often (and I rarely
use added weight) but sometimes it's handy.

I use the 020 with Ms, my Contax T2 and with Rollei TLRs. I've also used
it with much larger cameras in a pinch. I bought it used years ago. It
looks about the same today as it did then. I'll never part with it. It's
one of the top 5 best photographic items I've ever purchased.

DaveR

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] New Tripod)