Subject: [Leica] First computer
From: marcsmall at comcast.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Tue Mar 20 13:13:58 2007

At 04:15 PM 3/20/2007, Phil Swango wrote:
 >MJ Small wrote:
 >The "laptop" that Radio Shack marketed in the
 >early 1980's was a CP/M machine.  I went from a
 >Sinclair to a Commodore 64 to one of those
 >laptops (model number forgotten) to my first PC.
 >===================================
 >
 >Marc, if you're referring to the TRS-80 Model 100 (which I still have),
 >they
 >called it a "briefcase" computer.  It had the LCD screen with about 8 lines
 >of text visible.  It had BASIC in ROM.  It wouldn't respond to CP/M command
 >lines (I just checked).  But I don't know what the actual OS was.

Mine was not a "TRS-80 Model 100", but it might
have been just a "Model 100".  That is several
lifetimes ago and I passed that computer on
almost 20 years ago.  Radio Shack claimed, I
believe, that this was CP/M but, as I no longer
have the computer, I no longer have the
documentation (as with Leica, I keep everything,
boxes and packing material and the like, so the guy who got it got
everything).

It was a neat computer for the all of it.

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!