Subject: [Leica] Neighbors
From: luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll)
Date: Wed Mar 21 14:17:24 2007

Nice portraits, particularly like #3
Saludos cordiales

Luis

-----Mensaje original-----
De: lug-bounces+luisripoll=telefonica.net@leica-users.org
Wade Heninger
Enviado el: lunes, 19 de marzo de 2007 4:19
Para: LUG Leica
Asunto: [Leica] Neighbors

When we moved into our current home about 4 years ago, we were delighted to
find a charming couple living in the house to our immediate north.  Since
our initial acquaintance, they have been valued neighbors and the source of
much knowledge regarding the area, our home (there were some interesting
past owners) and all things shrub/tree/flower.

The patriarch of this family grew up in this little Swedish mill town, and
his wife was the daughter of a British official in Hong Kong.  They met
during WWII and after "that unfortunate mess" they married and moved back to
town to raise their daughter and work in the mill.

He's going on 87 now, and I suspect his wife is near there as well, although
I've never asked nor been told.  He still is out working in the yard every
day - pruning, digging and working his small patch of land.  Just yesterday
he was complaining that his insurance was going up - Safeco informed him
that he was now in the same class as a 15 year old male driver, which
tickled him despite the astronomic costs associated with such a milestone.

I've been meaning to get over and photograph them, so under the pretext of
learning this whole "lighting" thing, I finally got over to visit before
they headed off to church.

http://heninger.org/gallery/neighbors

M8, Summicron 35 and 50

TIA