Subject: [Leica] ZI 25mm on M8
From: kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour)
Date: Thu Mar 22 17:07:56 2007

On Mar 22, 2007, at 5:37 PM, Jeffery Smith wrote:

> These aren't the lines that come up. These are the equivalent focal
> lengths
> when putting the lenses (on the left) on an M8. Unfortunately, only
> the 21
> translates to a conventional focal length (28).

I just checked this Jeffery ...when I mounted the ZI Biogon 25mm 2.8
on my M8.. it does appear that the 28 frame lines come up (along with
the inner 90 lines)....

so if you care to, you can easily use the 25mm lens on the M8...

rather than too tight a crop and field losses,  you get loose
cropping (ie. the difference between the 25 and the 28...).

Steve