Subject: [Leica] OT - was Ken Rockwell, now Tom Corbett, Space Cadet
From: hlritter at bex.net (Howard Ritter)
Date: Thu Mar 22 18:38:48 2007

OMG! Someone else who's heard of, and remembers, Tom Corbett, Space
Cadet, and Astro the single-named colonist kid from Venus. Remember
cocky Roger Manning and hard-ass Major Connell?

Funny, but I strongly identified a high school friend with Astro and
another with Roger Manning, close enough fits that they could have
been models for the characters. I suppose I thought of myself as Tom.
I had the whole set of 7 or 8 hardbacks in the series. Happiest
reading of my adolescent years. Somewhere along the line my sainted
mother gave 'em away....

--howard

Replies: Reply from abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] OT - was Ken Rockwell, now Tom Corbett, Space Cadet)
Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] OT - was Ken Rockwell, now Tom Corbett, Space Cadet)