Subject: [Leica] Lens tests on M8
From: clive.moss at gmail.com (Clive Moss)
Date: Thu Mar 22 20:59:41 2007

I shot a quick series of everything I have that will mount on the M8 -
from CV 15mm to Elmarit 135mm f/2.8.  The weather was so good that I
have only had time for a very quick glance through them.
Few surprises here (except that the 135 with goggles actually worked!
One I did not expect was the yellow cast on one of the Canon 50s.
Actual lenses tested were
Voigtlander 15 f4.5 SM
Canon   Serenar 28 f3.5 (SM old solid metal, tiny)
Leica   Summilax ASPH   35 f1.4
Leica   Elmar   50 f3.5 (SM Looks like its from the 1930s)
Leica   Elmar   50 f2.8 Not latest
Canon           50 f1.8 SM
Canon   Serenar 50 f1.8 SM(the one with the yellow cast)
Canon           50 f1.4 SM
Leica   Noctilux 50 f1.0 SM
Leica   Elmarit 90 f2.8 SM
Leica   Elmarit 135 f2.8 SM

Not a rigourous test - just to see what sort of worked.
I see that the Voightlander did not make the upload - I will add it
later. Also the Noctilux at F1.0 is a tad overexposed! Looks like the
28mm Canon is not quite sharp enough to get by. Pity - I will need to
buy a new 28mm to get an effective 35mm.

--
Clive
http://www.clive.moss.net/blog/

Replies: Reply from hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson) ([Leica] Lens tests on M8)