Subject: [Leica] Advice on 280mm Telyt
From: len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Fri Mar 23 04:21:57 2007

Doug,

Thanks for your very comprehensive impressions of these lenses. One
thing I didn't consider was the focusing speed of the helical. For me
that's a big disadvantage. I have the 1st version 40cm f5 Telyt for
the Visoflex. It's helical focusing is painfully slow. The flare you
mention is a problem as well. I'm going to try to get an APO 400 f2.8
then. That will get me better focusing and better optical performance
as well as auto diaphragm on my R8. The f4 current version is out of
the question, price wise.

It sounds like the APO version will be a good companion to my 560/6.8.

Best Regards,
Len