Subject: [Leica] OT - was Ken Rockwell, now Tom Corbett, Space Cadet
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri Mar 23 13:56:30 2007

On 3/23/07 5:22 PM, "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@bellsouth.net> typed:

> I have to agree with Mark.  Growing up in the 30s and 40s, our small
> Mississippi town library had all of the original Tom Swift series, and I
> read and enjoyed them all. That could have been a part of what influenced
> me
> to study engineering.
>
> Jim Nichols
> Tullahoma, TN USA

I most certainly would have rather been a kid in the 30s and 40s.
As a kid in the 50s and 60s I was too dumb to know how my beloved Tom Swift
the next generation was put together.
It got me reading. Real books too. Part of the point of teen age or tween
literature. I was 12 and 13 I think when I read them.
I do believe I belonged to a great generation.
We stopped the Viet Nam war and got the civil rights thing and feminist
thing going full force. The 60s were great. But nothing comes remotely close
to the 40s.
The people I'll for ever be in awe of are the ones who fought wwII. And won.
Those are the true heroes.
Otherwise we'd all be dead.

The other generations are not so memorable the Generation X thing and what
ever came next was a laugh sorry guys. Have fun on your skate boards and
iPods with your hair sticking straight up in little spikes.

I hate next generations.
Original cast of Star Trek only.
Original cast of Saturday night live only.
Original cast of Company only.

guess the original cast of the guys who fought WWII would have been the
generation who fought WWI. Which didn't have a number then.

Mark Rabiner I
8A/109s
New York, NY

markrabiner.com