Subject: [Leica] OT - was Ken Rockwell, now Tom Corbett, Space Cadet
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri Mar 23 21:16:23 2007

> There are Christmas Eve stories about the Canadians at Vimy ridge and the
> German trenches so close that on Christmas Eve they stopped shooting at
> each
> other. Then broke out singing the same Christmas hymns or carols together
> in
> English and German.
>
> At day break they went back to battle! Damn we humans are a crazy lot!
>
> ted

I think a lot of the Christmas Carols are translated from the German.
I was in choirs in high school and College both and have a lot of them down
and still remember a lot of the verses. If they've stopped doing that now
then i'm against that. ... Against Stopping doing it. During the holiday
season there can be tinsel coming out of my ears and eyeballs I'd be happy.
I'm used to it. I think its a universal thing.

Mark Rabiner
8A/109s
New York, NY

markrabiner.com