Subject: [Leica] M8 and SD cards
From: clive.moss at gmail.com (Clive Moss)
Date: Sat Mar 24 05:26:22 2007

So, in the interest of science, I put the M8 into continuous shooting
and held down the shutter release to see how fast the Lexar Professional
133x card is. After eight shots, it stopped. Dead. I mean, lifeless, no
LCD, nothing. Well, time to reboot. Remove and reinsert battery. Remove
and reinsert card. Nothing happens. Still dead. Take the CD card and
read it on the computer, ready to reformat. Card is fine, has all the
images on it. But wait, thought says to me. The battery was on 1 bar
last night - maybe try another battery. Pop in fresh battery. Works
fine. The first battery did not have enough juice to even light up the
display of battery level; I would have expected the internal battery to
do something, not just sit there with a dead camera.
It should have told me that the battery was dead.

Does anyone from Leica monitor this list, or do I need to go and mumble
somewhere else?
--
Clive
http://www.clive.moss.net/blog/