Subject: [Leica] IMG: PAW 12 dlridings
From: dlr at dlridings.se (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Sat Mar 24 06:55:08 2007

I'm out a little early this week because I'm spending so much time on
learning new software and don't want to get behind.

This shot was taken while waiting for a train (actually, the one just
pulling in) at the central station in Copenhagen on my way back home.

http://www.dlridings.com/paw2007/12.html

I processed the RAW file (without changing the original) with Lightzone
by Light Crafts (http://www.lightcrafts.com), exported it as TIFF,
sharpened it up slightly in the Gimp (Linux' photo editor) and saved it
as jpg.

Lightzone creates a file that resides side by side with the original RAW
and contains all the operations that need to be performed on it, but
never changing the RAW file.

It doesn't have a way to add keywords (downside). LightZone is really
good at a couple of editing methods. Lightroom is better, for me, for
most other operations.

Nikon D100 @ 1600 ISO

Daniel

Replies: Reply from philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent) ([Leica] IMG: PAW 12 dlridings)