Subject: [Leica] IMG: Lightroom scans to WEB
From: vintagebill at verizon.net (bill harting)
Date: Sun Mar 25 12:06:18 2007

Better to my eye, markedly. I've been thinking about the qualities of
the Lightroom scan uploads all day (I am in the darkroom just now, with
HC110 and Prescysol -- the negatives look good). The Lightroom uploads,
which I think you said were pretty much untampered with, and given that
it is a film you are not fully familiar with, look eerily to me like
what comes back from WalMart -- perfectly fine for most purposes, but,
just that, perfectly fine. Yawn.

And these new ones presumably were modified somewhat in PS, sharpened
(maybe that's what makes such a difference, it seems to for me) and much
more like what I would be expecting. Both Rebecca and Simon are much
improved versions, the tough backlit table is about the same... So yes.
Keep doing the PS thing. But yesterday you seemed to have such hopes for
LR and LZ... how quickly things change. I'll be watching for the
evolution of this.

And being a now-retired newspaper editor, I'm glad to see people,
particularly young people, getting ink on their fingers. They'd be right
at home in my house.

bill