Subject: [Leica] M8 first glitch
From: imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George)
Date: Mon Mar 26 09:03:12 2007

Yesterday, I had the M8 out for a stroll (hadn't used it in almost a
week - been with the DMR). I took the camera out of the bag, flipped
the switch as I raised it to my eye, focused, pressed the shutter
release, no click, just the message: "shutter err." Turned it off and
on again. Same message. No click. Opened the bottom. Popped the
battery (fully charged) out and in again. Still nothing. Opened the
bottom again. Popped the SD card out and in again. Still nothing
(except the Shutter Err message.

Walked back to the car and got the M6TTL .58 and returned to captured
the photograph I was after on film - NOTE: DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHERS MUST
BACK UP THEIR CAMERAS WITH OTHER CAMERAS WITH THE SAME DISCIPLINE
THAT THEY BACK UP THEIR IMAGE FILES.

Sat on a bench. Opened the M8 again. Popped both the battery and the
SD card out - then in again. Closed it up. The shutter worked. Put
the camera back in the bag. Didn't do any more photography.

Just now as I type this - I try the camera again - "Shutter 'Err"
again on the viewfinder display and "Attention Shutter Fault" on the
LCD screen. WTF? Anyone experienced or heard about this one?

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george@imagist.com

Replies: Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] M8 first glitch)