Subject: [Leica] m8 bag? why -- the m classic bag
From: leicam4pro at yahoo.com (Photo Phreak)
Date: Wed Mar 28 09:06:20 2007

Perhaps the next PAW should be of people's favorite carrying bag.  I learned
many years ago to use something that either did not shout "expensive camera"
or would be too hard to snatch.

  Both of my black FTns had and have the front of the meterprism covered
with a wide piece of black electricians tape.  The big, white F was just too
obvious......

  The black M4 predates the "Leica billboard" on the front.  The only times
it ever seemed to be noticed was by Japanese tourists !

Jeff Matsler <jeffmatsler@amaonline.com> wrote:
  Hello,

For traveling, I use a Domke F1X.

For daily shooting, I use a little Russian RF bag or a military map case w/
pockets. The map case is the least obtrusive and does NOT look like a
camera bag. My preference when walking around in the canyons by myself or
downtown is the mapcase.

I don't own an M8, but it holds the M3 or M5 with two or three lenses,
filters and Minolta IIIF meter rather easily. I can stick a flash and
bracket in an outside pocket, which adds a little bulk, but still fits just
fine.

Jeff M