Subject: [Leica] camera, lens, and equipment
From: kcassidy at asc.upenn.edu (Kyle Cassidy)
Date: Wed Mar 28 11:23:15 2007

bob shaw sed:

>Amazing shot.
>OK - so what camera, lens, lighting (to freeze gravity as you apoear to
have done)?

>>http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/pix/paw/2007/14/1.jpg
>>www.humanwine.org

After trecking again and again across the country, I became very
interested in a light setup that I could take with me anywhere and carry
by myself without needing an assistant. So I spent a lot of time on the
Strobist on yahoo and eventually got a setup that includes:

1) a manfrotto light stand that goes up to 8 feet but packs down to 19
inches
2) a medium umbrella
3) an sb800 master flash unit
4) an sb600 slave flash unit
5) a bracket that holds the sb800 on the stand

The Leica d200 will trigger the sb800 wirelessly (it takes some screwing
around to figure out where to find it on all the buried menues).
Everything packs down into a tripod carrying case. It's so swank you
wouldn't believe it.

That photo has a 30 inch shoot-through umbrella about 4 feet in front of
the subjects. Camera on manual probably 1/125 sec at f 7.1 or
thereabouts. Sigma 12-24mm lens that I got used from Leni Riefensthal.

kc

Replies: Reply from jshul at comcast.net (Jim Shulman) ([Leica] camera, lens, and equipment)