Subject: [Leica] re:35mm film in plastic cassettes
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Wed Mar 28 19:28:40 2007

At 11:18 PM -0500 3/28/07, Christopher Williams wrote:
>Why are the Canadians still up? Is there a late hockey game on?
>
>Chris

No, there's none of interest on at the moment. THAT's why we're still
reading some of this stuff.

BTW, I'm with Ted on this. The only time I've ever seen evidence of
x-ray damage was in the very early days of scanning, on a film that a
photo lab owner showed me. 400ASA, and I don't know where the film
owner had gone on his trip.

When I went to Egypt and Jordan (and Israel) via London a couple of
years ago my film all got x-rayed about 8 to 25 times; 100 and 400
ISO, and everything was fine. The scanners didn't always look fully
up to date except for the British and Israeli ones, but no problems.
There generally was no option for 'hand inspection'.