Subject: [Leica] bring a leica to disneyworld?
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Wed Mar 28 21:44:48 2007

Rei asked:

> i've been a member of the lug since 2001. i need my support group.
>
> i'm very disturbed that we are going to disneyworld and i am seriously
> considering not bringing any leica at all but taking just my point
> and shoot digital fuji f30.
>
> i usually take at least an mp and noctilux on vaca but i'm just worried
> about film, xrays, bringing camera on the plane, leicavit misperceived
> as weapon etc.
>
> please help to convince me of the virtues of bringing the leica
>
>thank you, most kindly <<<

Hi Rei,
You know I always say it's "KISS and life is easy."

This is my routine as I've done it this way more times than I can count nor
remember.

Put your film and gear in your regular shoulder bag and when you get to the
carry on baggage inspection put the bag on the belt and send it on it's way.

Go through the body scan, pick -up your bag and on your way.

Sometimes the inspectors want to swab or look inside the bag. No big deal,
smile and open the bag as requested, say nothing. They'll do their thing
with the swab and send you on your way to the plane. :-)

Don't be concerned about the film as nothing is going to happen to it! Be
happy and enjoy your time at Disneyland you'll have a great time and some
great picture opportunities! :-)

Been there done it! :-) My Grand daughter was completely blown away. Quite
frankly so was I. ;-)

ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
1817 Feltham Road